Thursday, October 16, 2014

Festival of Trees Prototype #1 Family Christmas Card

 
Good morning and thanks for joining me here at Ink a Doodle Creations.  Today I am over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration and we are sharing some early Christmas cards.  Now's about the time I start thinking about how I want our family Christmas card to look.  I usually make up about 3-4 prototypes and lay them out in front of the family and let them decide. Well.....I let them give their opinion, then I decide!!!!!  Well, I am the MOM, it has to count for something!  This is the 1st of four prototypes I will have for them.  This card is a little detailed, but keep in mind that I only hand make about 10-12 handmade cards.  They go to those who I know appreciate my cards, but also the time I have put into them.  All others....well they get really simple cards.

 
One of my favorite stamp sets from the new Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini catalog is the Festival of Trees set.  Not only do I love that its a photopolymer stamp set (easy for stamping and layering the decorations), but it also has a coordinating punch to cut the trees out.  I love things that coordinate together to make my life run smoother.  One, well, two of the cute factors of this card for me, is the silver sequins and the cute little banner cluster at the top left corner.  Its just something about banners that make a card...just....cute!!

 
I punched out two solid trees in smoky slate and lost lagoon and then stamped one from the set in pear pizzazz and added a few basic rhinestones to the dots.

 
On the inside, I added some all is calm washi tape and added a couple more trees.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, lost lagoon, pear pizzazz
DSP ~ all is calm
Ink ~ lost lagoon, pear pizzazz
Stamp set ~ festival of trees
Misc. ~ all is calm washi tape, frosted sequins, tree punch, on point embossing folder, banner punch
 
I hope you have enjoyed my first prototype Christmas card and you want to participate in a fun contest (read below for the details).  Come back and keep your eye out for the second prototype card I will post next week.  After all four prototypes have been posted, I will have a contest and there will be a prize!!  Leave some "love" and go visit our main blog to see some more great ideas for Christmas cards, you might get INKspired!!!
 
If you want to play along, here is how:  for 4 weeks I will post a Christmas card choice (#1 thru #4) here on my blog.  Comment on each post and on the final #4 card, I will have a voting panel set up on my facebook page for you to vote which is your favorite.  If my family (i.e. husband and two sons) picks the winning card that got the most votes, you will be entered in to WIN a Stampin' Up! surprise!!!
 

No comments :